Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009. YIKES !!!

Before we get to this weekend we have to go back to last Monday. I took Isabelle to the Dr. because she had been dealing with a nagging cough for weeks that seemed to get worse last weekend. So she was diagnosed with "a touch of pneumonia." So she was given some pretty strong antibiotics and she got better as the week passed.

George went to his annual Memorial Day weekend golf trip with the men in my family. So Isabelle and I went to visit Nana. We were looking forward to a weekend of fun with Nana and the cousins. Unfortunately, that was not the case. We got to Nana's house on Saturday morning and a few hours after we arrived Isabelle started throwing up. She basically vomited all day Saturday and then 2 more times on Sunday afternoon. Oh ya, and she had diarrhea too :) So after George got to Nana and Papa's on Sunday evening we decided to head home and try to get Isabelle better. Thankfully she started to eat again today and has been drinking water. So we are hopeful that she is on the mend. I owe a huge thank you to Nana who helped out so much with cleaning up Isabelle's vomit all over the house and the many loads of laundry she did to make sure Isabelle and I both had clean clothes to wear. She helped keep me calm and was full of good advice. I am sorry that we some what ruined your weekend. But I don't think that I could have handled the situation without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!
But we did had some fun times this weekend too. See below....

Much of the weekend was spend sleeping and cuddling with Isabelle. I hate when she is sick, but that is the only time she likes to cuddle.

Isabelle did feel better for a bit on Sunday. So she did some finger painting with her cousins Will and Matt.


We had our first cook out of the season on Memorial Day. It was nice to be outside and on the deck again. I think Isabelle had fun. But this picture does not really show that :)


Isabelle and I enjoying the sun and showing how happy we are that she is starting to feel better.

No comments: